Further to the Chancellor’s announcement of further financial support yesterday. Below are the main points: –
• CJRS extended to March 2021
• Job Retention Bonus (£1,000 per employee) – originally to be paid in February 2021 – now delayed until an “appropriate time”
• Claims for November CJRS will be able to be made before payday as previously.
• Claims for November 2020 must be made by 14th December 2020. Subsequent months will follow a similar schedule – again claims can be made up to 14 days before payday.
• Employer must have made an RTI submission between 20th March and 30th October to qualify
• Employer and employees don’t previously need to have claimed furlough – so new PAYE schemes and employees not previously qualifying for furlough should qualify from November 2020.
• Employees on a payroll on 23rd September who were made redundant or who stopped working afterwards, can be re-instated and claimed for (as long as RTI submitted between 20th March and 23rd September 2020 with the employee on it).
• Self-Employed – 3rd grant covering November 2020 to January 2021 – upgraded to 80% – in line with furlough
• Further financial support and backdated grants for companies in hospitality affected by Tier 2 or Tier 3 restrictions will also be available.
If you would like to discuss any of this further please do not hesitate to contact the office on 01254 823009 between 9am-5pm.